Saturday, February 12, 2011

Welcome to Sallie Tyler Events!


I have had a love of parties since I can remember and I distinctly remember working my first wedding. My aunt and uncle owned a restaurant in the Brinkley Plaza, in downtown Memphis, which is now Felicia Suzanne's. At the ripe old age of 13, I was given a black dress, a white apron, and a tray of canapes. It was love at first sight. 

Seeing the event as it began, seeing all the vendors arrive with all the beautiful things, and at the end of the evening talking with the bride as she set on the back steps barefoot made me feel like I was given a VIP backstage pass to the best event in town.
So began my illustrious career in the restaurant business which eventually got me through college with an Art degree. From that point I tried to learn as much as I could about what goes into making a great event. I learned to make a few tasty cocktails, crank out a good centerpiece, place the fork and knife where they need to go, and I don't mind delegating the rest of  it to a list of talented people that I have worked with many times over the course of my career.
Most importantly, I believe that a great party planner is the best kept secret of any great party!
My experience includes event coordination positions at Esplanade Memphis, Lillie Belle's Wedding and Event Venue in Franklin, Tennessee, and Boxwood Bistro in Franklin, Tennessee.
Welcome to my blog!

Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment